Friday, February 17, 2006

My Favourite Flower


I love tulips. I know it's not easy to find it here but I still love tulips. Reasons? Because it looks neat and simple and so lovely to look at. I mean the whole bunch of tulips is just so lovely.

It said that September is the perfect time to plant tulips. They need to be planted early in the fall, to give them enough time to develop a good root system, before the ground freezes solid.

Tulips need to receive direct sunlight for at least half the day, preferably a full day. If they don't receive enough sun, the bulbs do not absorb enough nutrients and shrink in size. This directly effects the size next year's flower.

Well, I don't know so much on how to handle it. But I guess someone can help me with that. Will you, Steve? Hey, I should ask you to take picture of tulips that you brought for me. I really love it. Thank you so much. Also for the lovely mug. And my mom also bought some dishes for me that have tulips printed on it because she knows that I never like other flowers so much but tulips.

There is some cute riddle about tulips. Someone said that all people face, when they look at the mirror, they can see flowers on it and the answer is 'two lips'. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

sshhhhhh don't mention I smuggled tulips from Seattle into Singapore lol, well I guess they didn't mind. Now I wanna smuggle you into Seattle lol. Don't forget the tulip bulbs must be frozen during winter.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Diah said...

those beautiful tulips are just beautiful. you had purple in those bouquet right? I love that one the most, steve, good choice.
frozen tulip bulbs in winter? i mean winter is when everything freezes up right?

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home