Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Nancy, Sweet Girl From Sarawak

When I was studying in UiTM, I knew a girl named Nancy. I started to know her when her friend came to our hostel and looked for her. That evening, I told her about that and she said 'terima kasih'. Her voice really so cute, sounds like Nobita, a lazy boy from Doraemon's cartoon (hey, no kidding). Since then, I get to know her more. She's really adorable, pretty and smart. I did told her about her voice and she laughed so much. She said when she introduced herself in the class for the first time, guys in her class thought that she purposely made her voice like that. But when they noticed her voice never changed, then only they believe that her voice is real.

When it comes to semester break, she will stay in the hostel because it's expensive to buy fare ticket. So I decided to bring her with me. Since I'm the only children in the family, my mom was really happy with her around. And the same question my mom asked me. Why her voice so strange? But then after getting know her better my mom really loves her and since that, when I have chance to call my mom from the hostel, my mom would take some time to talk with her too. I still remember some Bidayuh words she thought me. And when we recorded our voice as we both love singing and laughed so much after we listened back.

I think she is my best non-Malay friend I ever had. Hope she still remember how to make ketupat as she really a fast-learner when my uncle thought her how to do both ketupat bawang and ketupat palas. I can still remember when she waved hands to me on her way to class when I stood next to a window. She always wear baju kurung to class. And we both never missed have meals together at dining room. Every morning around 7am she will call out my name and say 'Nana, kau pegi sarapan, tak?' The sound of her slippers walking around and her cute voice seems like her trademark and all of us in the hostel knew that. All the memory still fresh in my mind. I pray for the best of her, always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home